Our policy in full
1. Introduction & General Terms
- what information Optima Systems Ltd may collect about you;
- how OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD will use information we collect about you;
- when OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD may use your details to contact you;
- whether OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
Optima Systems Ltd is and IT Consultancy company offering bespoke solutions. In addition, we also provide network support and maintenance and web site design and maintenance.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD’’ we are referring to Optima Systems Ltd.
3. What information will OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD collect about me?
By submitting your details, you enable Optima Systems Ltd (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will Optima Systems Ltd use the information it collects about me?
Optima Systems Ltd will use your personal information for several purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Optima Systems Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have shown an interest in;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not. to analyse and improve the services offered on OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Optima Systems Ltd may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
Where Optima Systems Ltd proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will Optima Systems Ltd contact me?
Optima Systems Ltd may contact you:
- in relation to any service or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Optima Systems Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD products or services;
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Optima Systems Ltd will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will Optima Systems Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Optima Systems Ltd. However, sometimes Optima Systems Ltd uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Optima Systems Ltd requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Optima Systems Ltd requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD service, Optima Systems Ltd may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Optima Systems Ltd reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Optima Systems Ltd may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Optima Systems Ltd. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will Optima Systems Ltd keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Optima Systems Ltd.
11. Can I find out what personal information Optima Systems Ltd holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Optima Systems Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. What if I am accessing OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website outside the UK?
13. Cookies Policy – Information Optima Systems Ltd collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by another website. Many website do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. On OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our website to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. Optima Systems Ltd uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes (see section 6 above).
- Third Party Cookies in embedded content on OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD pages
Please note that during your visits to OPTIMA SYSTEMS LTD website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Optima Systems Ltd or Optima Systems Ltd.’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Optima Systems Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party website for more information about these.
14. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to website to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by website and third parties. Optima Systems Ltd will continue to review DNT and other new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available.
What is a cookie?
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests.
First party cookies
First party cookies are set by the website, you are visiting and they can only be read by that site.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are set by a different organisation to the owner of the website you are visiting. For example, the website might use a third-party analytics company who will set their own cookie to perform this service. The website you are visiting may also contain content embedded from, for example YouTube and these sites may set their own cookies.